Recipe – Andy’s Grilled Rock Oysters with Pesto Butter
When Oysters are this fresh they don’t need much cooking. Here’s a super simple recipe from Andy at Atlantic Edge Oysters that allows the flavours of the seagrass and the North Atlantic tides do the talking!
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20 min
12 oysters, shucked
100g butter at room temperature
½ lemon, juiced
30g Parmesan, grated plus extra to garnish
30g fresh basil, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 garlic clove, minced
1. First, create the pesto butter. Start by adding the butter, lemon juice, Parmesan, basil, garlic and pine nuts to a food processor. Blitz until a smooth consistency then pop into the fridge until ready to use.
2. Prepare your oysters and place them on a grill pan or large baking tray. Here’s Andy’s guide for shucking an Oyster:
3. Place ½ tsp of the pesto butter on top of each oyster.
4. Cook the oysters under a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes each.
5. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.