We’re looking for amazing software engineers to help us rebuild one of the biggest global supply chains.
Pesky was set up with a single ambition: to create an economically and ecologically sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers. To deliver it, we are building a global supply chain where any fisherman can sell to any customer with 100% transparency.
Today, Pesky is a digital market for British inshore fishermen - enabling skippers to sell their catch to all buyers in the chain. By helping these buyers source catch directly from the boats, we are not only redefining their experiences of fresh fish, but enabling fishermen to achieve higher, stable and more sustainable values for their catches.
Following the Covid crisis, our network of both boats and buyers has increased dramatically. As a result, we are heavily investing in our brilliant team and technology to expand our network to ports and buyers across the country.
How you will add huge value to our team and our customers
- Our development team currently consists of 3 full-stack engineers and a product manager.
- In joining the team, you’ll be expected to be hands-on in all areas of our codebase and have no problem taking a proactive approach in ensuring the software you build helps solve real problems for real users.
- You’ll love collaborating with colleagues across the business, will regularly seek learning opportunities to continually deepen your skills or broaden your expertise and will participate in regular knowledge sharing within the team.
- While we aim to run a tight ship at Pesky, there is no getting away from the fact we’re a startup! You’ll be comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity and you’ll challenge decision-making constructively. It’s essential that as a team we’re able to commit quickly and wholly to any course of action.
- Ideally, you’ll have some previous experience working on technology related to supply chains/just-in-time fulfillment and be excited to apply this knowledge to the benefit of the UK fishing industry.
About our Product
- Expanding our marketplace to fulfil 10x more orders per day across multiple ports,
- Ensuring, irrespective of where a boat lands, we offer fairer prices for our fishermen,
- Developing an online dynamic auction sales channel for larger catches.
What tools we use
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- ReactNative, React and Node to develop our apps
- Shopify to run our home-delivery ecommerce site