Port Manager (Hastings)
We are currently seeking a Port Manager, to come into the business and take on leadership and management of Pesky’s operation in our new site in Hastings.
Pesky Fish is reinventing the seafood supply chain to create a more sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers. We are currently delivering the country’s fastest, freshest fish (as little as 6 hours to London), returning £1,000s of incremental value to local fishermen every week.
We are a team of 25 (and growing!), we work with a fleet of over 30 boats landing their catch to us across the South West, North East and now the South Eastern coast.
How you will add huge value to our team and our customers
Planning & Scheduling
Landings & Grading
Packing & Dispatch
Health, Safety and Food Hygiene
Site Running and Upkeep
Personality and Experience
- Have substantial experience managing small teams within a food handing operation, with seafood processing strongly desired.
- Be flexible, a fast learner and very hands-on. Pesky is a fast-growing start-up with a small enthusiastic team, so you will often find yourself jumping on board with other tasks.
- Be friendly and enthusiastic. You will have daily encounters with our boats when receiving fish, acting as the face of Pesky, and will need to build positive and strong relationships with them.
- Hold a full clean UK driving license, with no previous convictions or penalty points.
- Be computer literate, with experience of emails, MS Excel and Word, and ideally a pervious understanding of supply chain/order management systems.
- Innovative and creative; we are tackling an industry full of inefficiencies, and there are plenty of problems to solve. Including but not limited to packaging, transport methods, grading methods and systems…
A few more details
- 24 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Main operating hours from Sunday AM to Friday AM (subject to variation)
- Chance to work as part of a fast paced, super dynamic start-up.
- Access to the freshest fish possible!