Head of Delivery / National Logistics Director
We're looking for a National Logistics Director to lead the operational delivery of our service and manage our port teams across the country to deliver multi-channel fulfilment to the highest possible standard of execution.
Pesky Fish is reinventing the seafood supply chain to create a more sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers. We are currently delivering the country’s fastest, freshest fish (as little as 6 hours to London), returning £1,000s of incremental value to local fishermen, while building the digital platform to allow fishermen, fishmongers, chefs and consumers to trade directly.
We are a team of 25 (and growing!) working with a fleet of over 20 boats landing their catch to us across Devon and Northumberland, and we sell to a customer base of 100’s of restaurants/wholesalers and 1000’s of home consumers.
How you will add huge value to our team and our customers
Accountability for End-to-end Delivery
Managing Local Port Teams
Managing Pesky’s Customer Success Team
Accuracy and Precision
Recruitment & Training
H&S & Food Hygiene
Personality and Experience
- Have extensive experience managing cross-functional operational teams, with a strong preference for FMCG/B2C/e-commerce background
- You’ll thrive off empowering your team to perform to the best they possibly can do, delighting every single customer who buys from Pesky, and not settling for anything less.
- Experience in food-handling environments is a plus.
- Wake up in the morning, craving a challenge and eager to solve problems that will inevitably come your way.
- Hold a full clean UK driving license, with no previous convictions or penalty points.
- Be computer fluent, with experience of emails, office suite, and proven in-depth understanding of supply chain/order management systems.
- Innovative and creative; we are tackling an industry full of inefficiencies, and there are plenty of problems to solve. From packaging, transport methods, grading methods and systems, we are assembling the best team possible to fix these, and you’ll be a crucial part of it.
A few more details
- Negotiable salary
- Company Car (or allowance)
- 24 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) per year.
- Chance to work as part of a fast paced, super dynamic start-up – genuinely looking to revolutionise an industry
- Discounted access to the freshest fish possible!