We’re looking for a proven technology leader to oversee Pesky’s technology strategy, codebase and engineering team as we build a new global supply chain.
Pesky was set up with a single ambition: to feed the world sustainably with seafood.
Today, Pesky is a digital market for British inshore fishermen - enabling skippers to sell their catch to restaurants, fishmongers and households via a fixed price market, prior to the morning wholesale port auction. By helping these buyers to source fish directly from the boats, we are enabling fishermen to achieve more stable and more sustainable prices for their catches.
Following the Covid crisis, our network of both boats and buyers has increased dramatically and as a result, we are looking to expand our marketplace to ports and buyers across the country.
The Tech Team
How you'll add value
- Ensure our marketplace technology can scale in line with growth targets
- Communicate our technology strategy to partners and investors
- Be hands on with the codebase!
- Manage resourcing and budgeting for the Technology department
- Lead and grow our team of Software Engineers
- Build a great team culture - transparency and inclusivity is at the heart of what we do.
- Mentor and coach each engineer in their career.
- Build strong relationships with our 3rd party hardware and software partners.
- Define and develop the requirements to support our future data science activities
- Take compliance seriously (from fish quotas to GDPR)
- Have an agile and experimental mindset
What we're looking for
- A strong record of leading innovative technology teams
- Previous experience working in a high-growth operational business
- Expertise across the full stack: From frontend through to security
- An understanding of how to balance hardware and software solutions in the real world
- No problem using 3rd party software solution when it makes sense
- Localisation/Internationalisation experience : We intend to take Pesky globally!
- The aspiration to nurture and grow an inclusive and diverse engineering team
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in future-facing technologies and a desire to contribute to building a more sustainable future.
What's on offer
- An industry ripe for digital disruption
- A fast growing company
- A chance to take ownership of a wide range of responsibilities
- The support of a brilliant team of creative, solution-oriented software engineers
- Flexible working hours and location
- A combination of income + equity depending on your situation
- Workplace pension
- 24 days holiday
- Discount on the freshest fish!